Re: Administer postgres from PGAdmin on remote mac using ssh tunnel

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Administer postgres from PGAdmin on remote mac using ssh tunnel
Список pgadmin-support
On Fri, 2012-11-16 at 14:32 -0800, aidan wrote:
> I've got PostgreSQL installed on a Ubuntu server and I'm trying to connect to
> that server using PGAdmin on a remote macbook.
>
> I've created an ssh tunnel -
>
> macbook:~postgres$ ssh -L 5423:localhost:5432 postgres@mydomain.com
> And I can connect using psql on the macbook as expected -
>
> macbook:~ me$ psql -U postgres -p 5423 -h localhost
> postgres=#
> In the 'New Server Registration' window on PGAdminIII I'm entering the
> following credentials -
>
> Name - MyServer
> Host - localhost
> Port - 5423
> Maintenance DB - postgres
> Username - postgres
> Password - <remote_postgres_password>
> However the connection fails -
>
> Error connecting to the server: FATAL: password authentication failed for
> user "postgres"
> Not sure what's going on here, these seem to be the same credentials I've
> used for psql.
>
> My pg_hba.conf file only has the following lines -
>
> # Database administrative login by Unix domain socket
> local   all             postgres                                peer
> # "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
> local   all             all                                     peer
> # IPv4 local connections:
> host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            md5
> # IPv6 local connections:
> host    all             all             ::1/128                 md5

Did you try to use psql through your SSH tunnel? because it works for me
with psql and pgAdmin.

The error message you got means you didn't enter the right password.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: pgadmin3 crash on new server registration / no server instances
От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin: bug detected