Re: Grant Permissions for View Only

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Grant Permissions for View Only
Список pgadmin-support
On Thu, 2012-11-29 at 10:26 -0800, Chris Campbell wrote:
> [...]
Campbell
> >Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:55 PM
> >To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
> >Subject: [pgadmin-support] Grant Permissions for View Only
>
> >Hello,
>
> >Using pgAdmin III version 1.14.3, PostgreSQL 9.1.5,  Windows 7/64 bit
>
> >I've created a Role in a new database called [appuser].  I'd like this user to be able to run queries and view data
intables, but not be able to alter anything in the >given schema.  So I issued the following command:

> >GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA schema1 TO appuser;
> >I then created a new server called viewonly for the [appuser].  When I drill down to the tables and attempt to
"view"the records, I get a permissions error.

> >ERROR: permission denied for schema schema1
> >Line 1: Select count(*) AS rows FROM ONLY schema1.mytable
>
> >So I went back and added the following permission:
> >GRANT EXECUTE ON ALL FUNCTIONS IN SCHEMA schema1 TO appuser;
>
> >Didn't work.  So I then added:
> >GRANT EXECUTE ON ALL FUNCTIONS IN SCHEMA public TO appuser;
>
> >Still doesn't work.
> >What am I missing and how do I fix this so a user can "view" but not change data using pgAdmin III?
> >Thanks,
>
> >Chris
>

> Can I take it from the lack of response that I've perhaps posted this pgAdmin question to the wrong list?

In a sense, yes. And also from a lack of time, at least for me :)

Anyway, now that I have some more time, I think you forgot to give the
USAGE permission on the schema to the user. Try:

GRANT USAGE ON SCHEMA schema1 TO appuser;

and it should work.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info