Re: column comments

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: column comments
Список pgadmin-support
On Wed, 2012-10-17 at 13:10 -0700, Jeff Janes wrote:
> I'm using pgAdmin 1.16.0, against PostgreSQL 9.2.1 (but I see the same
> thing against 9.1.6).
>
> If I add a new table ("New table" from the object browser context menu
> for "Tables"), while creating the table I can add column and enter
> comments for those columns.  Those comments get pushed to the
> database, and the "SQL" tab of the dialog box shows the additional
> statements which do this.
>
> If I use the object browser context menu for an existing table and
> choose "Properties...', I get a dialog that looks identical to dialog
> for creating the table.  It allows me to add a new column to the table
> just like in the table creation case, and it ask for a comment on the
> new column.  But that comment gets thrown away.  The SQL tab reflects
> the alter table statement to add the column, but not the additional
> statement to record the comment on that new column.
>
> If I use the object browser context menu for the "Columns" property of
> the existing table to add a new column, that method does record the
> comment.
>
> I found some emails in the archive from March 2008 that suggests this
> was fixed by making the "comment" field read-only when changes to it
> cannot be honored.
>
> e.g. http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2008-03/msg00033.php
>
> But it seems the fix came undone.

Actually, the fix was commited, and it worked. And then for 1.16, I
added some code to allow someone to add comments while adding columns on
new tables. But I forgot the case where people changed an existing
table. IOW, my bug.

I fixed the issue.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: Grant Permissions for View Only
От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: Make fails on crypto