Re: How can I run a PostgreSQL database outside /var/run/postgresql?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: How can I run a PostgreSQL database outside /var/run/postgresql?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Frank Church <voipfc@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just want to start up postgres or pg_ctl process using a
> different port, pointing to a different data directory and get it
> running, with permissions etc working okay.

I recommend you spend some time looking over the relevant
documentation, trying to make it work, and posting a more specific
question if you have problems with that.  These links might be good
places to start:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/tutorial-start.html

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/app-initdb.html

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Gary Fu
Сообщение: Re: autovaccum task got cancelled
От: David Johnston
Сообщение: Re: How can I run a PostgreSQL database outside /var/run/postgresql?