Re: Junk date getting uploaded into date field

От bsreejithin
Тема Re: Junk date getting uploaded into date field
Дата
Re: Junk date getting uploaded into date field  (Michael Nolan <htfoot@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I am not using any mail client.I was directly trying to post the content I
attached.Got a connection reset by peer error on submit.Thought some issue
with the browser - so tried with firefox, chrome as well, in addition to IE
- got the same error there also. Any way, that's not the issue.

I am not sure why : select to_date('33-OCT-2013', 'dd-mon-yyyy')

is returning 2013-11-02.

For cases like the issue I am facing, where we need to raise an error saying
the data is wrong, DB manipulating the data is not proper.

May be there could be some uses cases for such data manipulation. But then,
in that case, it would have been better to have a parameter which can switch
ON/OFF this behavior.

От: Thomas Kellerer
Сообщение: Re: Junk date getting uploaded into date field
От: Edson Richter
Сообщение: Re: Junk date getting uploaded into date field