Re: About #13489, array dimensions and CREATE TABLE ... LIKE

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: About #13489, array dimensions and CREATE TABLE ... LIKE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 09:04:21PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
>>> An alternate approach would
>>> be to remove pg_attribute.attndims so we don't even try to preserve
>>> dimensionality.

>> I could get behind that, perhaps.  It looks like we're not using the
>> field in any meaningful way, and we could simplify TupleDescInitEntry
>> and perhaps some other APIs.

> So should I work on that patch or do you want to try?  I think we should
> do something.

Let's wait for some other opinions, first ...

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: simplehash: SH_OPTIMIZE_REPEAT for optimizing repeated lookups of the same key
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Optimizing nbtree ScalarArrayOp execution, allowing multi-column ordered scans, skip scan