Re: Searching BLOB

От John Sidney-Woollett
Тема Re: Searching BLOB
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Save yourself some effort and use Lucene to index a directory of your 300
word documents. I'm pretty sure that Lucene includes an extension to read
Word documents, and you can use PDFBox to read/write PDF files. Marrying
the searching and displaying of results to your web application should be
trivial since you're wanting to use java anyway. Lucene has full character
set support and is blindingly fast

If you're looking for a solution to this problem using Postgres, then
you'll be creating a ton extra work for yourself. If you're wanting to
learn more about postgres, then maybe it'll be worthwhile.

John

От: "Florian G. Pflug"
Сообщение: Re: Help speeding up this query - maybe need another index?
От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: Error: Server doesn't listen