Re: BUG #8760: Large Objects

От Pavel Golub
Тема Re: BUG #8760: Large Objects
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello, Michael.

You wrote:

MP> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 9:01 PM,  <rabigul@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm seeing errors whilst Asterisk is trying to run Insert command and add
>> voice messages into Postgresql DB.
>> here are asterisk instructions to define large objects
>>

>> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Storing+Voicemail+in+PostgreSQL+via+ODBC
>>

>> ERROR:  invalid large-object descriptor: 16551
>> ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
>> transaction block
>> ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
>> transaction block
>> ERROR:  invalid large-object descriptor: 16552
>> ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
>> transaction block
>> ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
>> transaction block
>>

>> Could you please advise if this is the bug in software and needs updated
>> patch?
>> I have several time re run configs and did alot of troubleshooting but don't
>> find much help.
MP> This is a bug of your application. This error simply means that this
MP> application is expecting a large object that it cannot find,
MP> symbolized by the invalid descriptor OID reported in the message.

One more notice. All operations on LO (oids) must be done inside
transaction bloc. Thus there should always be call for COMMIT or
ROLLBACK before another try to put LO to the table. I'm not sure about
your code, but you should check this too.

--
With best wishes,
 Pavel                          mailto:pavel@gf.microolap.com

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: BUG #8760: Large Objects
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: BUG #8139: initdb: Misleading error message when current user not in /etc/passwd