Re: settings for 8.2.5 on Mac OS X 10.4.11

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: settings for 8.2.5 on Mac OS X 10.4.11
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Matthew Hixson <hixson@poindextrose.org> writes:
> What are good settings for shared_buffers and max_connections with
> the above software combo?  Out of the box I'm getting the "Cannot
> allocate memory" message upon doing a 'make check'.

The best thing is to fix the OS' ridiculously small shmem limits.
I've got this in /etc/sysctl.conf:

kern.sysv.shmmax=33554432
kern.sysv.shmmin=1
kern.sysv.shmmni=32
kern.sysv.shmseg=8
kern.sysv.shmall=8192

and on a production DB you'd probably want shmmax and shmall
a good bit higher.

Don't forget to reboot after changing settings.  Also, a
"sysctl -a | grep shm" is a good idea to make sure it "took";
OS X is infamously picky about these settings.

От: Thomas Hart
Сообщение: Re: Hijack!
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: postgres writer process growing up too much