Re: reindex/vacuum locking/performance?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: reindex/vacuum locking/performance?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> ... We could even have the
> VACUUM command inform the bufmgr that the pages it is in the process of
> reading in are part of a seqscan, and so are unlikely to be needed in
> the immediate future.

This would be relatively easy to fix as far as our own buffering is
concerned, but the thing that's needed to make it really useful is
to prevent caching of seqscan-read pages in the kernel disk buffers.
I don't know any portable way to do that :-(

От: Neil Conway
Сообщение: Re: reindex/vacuum locking/performance?
От: Neil Conway
Сообщение: Re: reindex/vacuum locking/performance?