streaming replication depends on matching glibc versions / LOCALE sort order

От PG Doc comments form
Тема streaming replication depends on matching glibc versions / LOCALE sort order
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/warm-standby.html

After suffering a database corruption, I went looking for mention of the
cause or "prevention tips" in the official docs.

tldr; The following section might make a great place to mention the
dependency on identical glibc versions:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/warm-standby.html#STANDBY-PLANNING

There is information in a blog post:

https://postgresql.verite.pro/blog/2018/08/27/glibc-upgrade.html

and some in the wiki:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Locale_data_changes

and some talk on the postgresql developer mailing list such as "I have been
expecting to hear about such breakage, and am
surprised we hear about it so rarely."

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/BA6132ED-1F6B-4A0B-AC22-81278F5AB81E%40tripadvisor.com

In Slack, it seems clear that this is a "well known issue" to some people on
the project, but it continues to burn people in the wild.

This seems important enough that it should be included in the official
docs.

Can I do anything to help get the documentation updated?

От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: Further clarification in documentation: No deletion of unreferenced large objects
От: PG Doc comments form
Сообщение: Change "two" to "three" for decades of development in history