Re: streaming replication depends on matching glibc versions / LOCALE sort order

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: streaming replication depends on matching glibc versions / LOCALE sort order
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 6/14/23 11:36, PG Doc comments form wrote:
> In Slack, it seems clear that this is a "well known issue" to some people on
> the project, but it continues to burn people in the wild.
>
> This seems important enough that it should be included in the official
> docs.
>
> Can I do anything to help get the documentation updated?

Absolutely! If you can suggest which doc sections should be altered and
proposed wording, that would be a great start.

Bonus points if you send it in as a patch against the corresponding sgml
files.

Note, I recently gave a talk on the subject -- feel free to get
examples, etc from the slides:

https://www.joeconway.com/presentations/glibc_issues-PGCon-2023.pdf

I can also help with wordsmithing and committing the changes once we
have them fully baked.

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Change "two" to "three" for decades of development in history
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: bad choice of the word in sentence