Re: Template0 datfrozenxid age is 160million and progressing

От Rijo Roy
Тема Re: Template0 datfrozenxid age is 160million and progressing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I agree.. But unfortunately it is the business call and we cannot alter it.. I am planning to convince them by keeping autovacuum_analyze_threshold to a high value so that auto analyse will not kick in very often leaving the autovacuum to do its job..
Please advise.

Thanks,
Rijo Roy

On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 at 7:54 pm, Tom Lane
<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Rijo Roy <rjo_roy@yahoo.com> writes:
> Thanks for the advice. Autovacuum is disabled in the environment and I cannot take a call on enabling it back. I can only run manual vacuum on the database as the dev team fears autoanalyze changing the query performance. Do you still think we don't need to take any actions.

IMO, the action you need to take is enabling autovacuum.  We've
seen many many people go down the path you are taking, and it's
generally led to no good in the end.  Manual vacuuming tends
to miss stuff, and it cannot react adequately to activity spikes.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Template0 datfrozenxid age is 160million and progressing
От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: Settings for fast restores