Is there a cache consistent interface to tables ?

От Garym
Тема Is there a cache consistent interface to tables ?
Дата
Re: Is there a cache consistent interface to tables ?  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,
This is an odd request for help. I'm looking to expose an interface so an external app can insert to a table while
maintainingcache consistency and inserts be promoted via wal.

I need to support about 100k+ inserts/sec from a sensor data stream. It simply won't work using sql queries.  If the
calloverhead is too high for single calls, multiple records per call is better. The data must be available for selects
in500ms.  I current only have 24gb ram for pg, but production will be 56gb.

I'm taking this approach because pgpool2 chokes, delaying past requirements. I initially wanted to use wal, but masters
don'twant wal in feeds and slaves have unpredictable delays of seconds before provisioning occurs.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Gary

Sent from my iPad

От: Sergei Kornilov
Сообщение: Re: Using scalar function as set-returning: bug or feature?
От: Konstantin Knizhnik
Сообщение: Re: Using scalar function as set-returning: bug or feature?