Re: Progress of ALTER TABLE on inheritance-partitioned table?

От Ron
Тема Re: Progress of ALTER TABLE on inheritance-partitioned table?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 10/27/23 09:04, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> On Fri, 2023-10-27 at 08:34 -0500, Ron wrote:
>> Pg 9.6.24 (Yes, I know; it's out of my control.)
>>
>> I'm ALTERing that table to change a column from INTEGER to BIGINT. Of
>> course, all of the partitions are pretty big.
>>
>> Even though it's one giant transaction, is there any way for me to monitor
>> it's progress?
> No, there is no way to monitor progress.  The best you can do is to follow
> the growth of the table on disk.
>
> You could consider logical replication ... oh, wait, 9.6.

Since it's really a bunch of "small" partitions, can I track the
(non)existence of those table oid files under $PGDATA/<dboid>?

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.

От: M Sarwar
Сообщение: Re: ORDER BY DESC and NULLS LAST by default
От: Ron
Сообщение: Rollback after "Connection timed out"?