Re: Progress of ALTER TABLE on inheritance-partitioned table?

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Progress of ALTER TABLE on inheritance-partitioned table?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2023-10-27 at 08:34 -0500, Ron wrote:
> Pg 9.6.24 (Yes, I know; it's out of my control.)
>
> I'm ALTERing that table to change a column from INTEGER to BIGINT. Of
> course, all of the partitions are pretty big.
>
> Even though it's one giant transaction, is there any way for me to monitor
> it's progress?

No, there is no way to monitor progress.  The best you can do is to follow
the growth of the table on disk.

You could consider logical replication ... oh, wait, 9.6.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Rozad Khalaf
Сообщение: Introducing PostgresFly: A New PostgreSQL Installation Tool
От: Loles
Сообщение: ORDER BY DESC and NULLS LAST by default