Re: be-secure-gssapi.c and auth.c with setenv() not compatible on Windows

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: be-secure-gssapi.c and auth.c with setenv() not compatible on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> We can do two things here:
> 1) Switch be-secure-gssapi.c and auth.c to use putenv().
> 2) Backport into 12 and 13 the fallback implementation of setenv
> introduced in 7ca37fb, and keep be-secure-gssapi.c as they are now.

There's a lot of value in keeping the branches looking alike.
On the other hand, 7ca37fb hasn't survived contact with the
public yet, so I'm a bit nervous about it.

It's not clear to me how much of 7ca37fb you're envisioning
back-patching in (2).  I think it'd be best to back-patch
only the addition of pgwin32_setenv, and then let the gssapi
code use it.  In that way, if there's anything wrong with
pgwin32_setenv, we're only breaking code that never worked
on Windows before anyway.

От: Mark Dilger
Сообщение: Re: Command statistics system (cmdstats)
От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Degression (PG10 > 11, 12 or 13)