Re: [GENERAL] Database Best Practices ???

От amy cheng
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Database Best Practices ???
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Oliver Elphick" wrote:

>I don't think that triggers can be inherited automatically. That is why I
>did it that way.  The implementation of inheritance still needs a lot of
>work in PostgreSQL.
thanks for the info.

>The refint trigger is to make sure that the address record exists before
>the person record is updated; if the relation is new there will not be
>anything in person_address yet.
I still do not understand. IMHO, "person" should not contain address at all
--because of "person-address".

>The project is not yet complete, so there may be bugs in it!
you defend yourself well, except the "person" one ;-)

amy

От: Stuart Rison
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Prog to generate table structure ...
От: "amy cheng"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Referential integrity