Обсуждение: Re: [GENERAL] Database Best Practices ???

Re: [GENERAL] Database Best Practices ???

От
"amy cheng"
Дата:
"Oliver Elphick" wrote:

>I don't think that triggers can be inherited automatically. That is why I
>did it that way.  The implementation of inheritance still needs a lot of
>work in PostgreSQL.
thanks for the info.

>The refint trigger is to make sure that the address record exists before
>the person record is updated; if the relation is new there will not be
>anything in person_address yet.
I still do not understand. IMHO, "person" should not contain address at all
--because of "person-address".

>The project is not yet complete, so there may be bugs in it!
you defend yourself well, except the "person" one ;-)

amy

Re: [GENERAL] Database Best Practices ???

От
"Oliver Elphick"
Дата:
"amy cheng" wrote:
  >>The refint trigger is to make sure that the address record exists before
  >>the person record is updated; if the relation is new there will not be
  >>anything in person_address yet.
  >I still do not understand. IMHO, "person" should not contain address at all
  >--because of "person-address".
  >
  >>The project is not yet complete, so there may be bugs in it!
  >you defend yourself well, except the "person" one ;-)

I suspect you may be right on that; this was only an extract from a much
larger work, so I haven't got round to reviewing it recently.

--
      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
     " ...Take heed, and beware of covetousness; for a man's