Re: [GENERAL] Anyone doing a native NT port?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Anyone doing a native NT port?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Hello,
>
> My company is pretty impressed with postgre on unix, but we also need a
> native port for nt (it is not an option to have our customers install cygwin
> on their production systems.)  Ideally we would like to see the backend
> running as a native service under nt.  We have the resources to do the port
> ourselves (I will probably end up doing the work myself), but I was
> wondering if there was already an effort underway to develop something like
> this.

Yikes, you want to run the PostgreSQL backend without Unix simulator
support!  Wow, that sounds like a big job.

I know of no one who has done this.  You can see from the FAQ item that
people have running under U/Win too, but I that is a Unix emulator too.

Seems like you would basically be writing another emulator for NT to do
the things we do under Unix, no?

От: David Warnock
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Anyone doing a native NT port?
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Anyone doing a native NT port?