Re: dangers of setlocale() in backend (was: problem with float8 input format)

От Louis-David Mitterrand
Тема Re: dangers of setlocale() in backend (was: problem with float8 input format)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 09:23:15AM +0200, Karel Zak wrote:
> > Thank for the pointer to these functions, which are indeed convenient.
> > But the problem remains of not being able to change the backend's locale
> > on-the-fly. For example if an auction user is spanish and the next one
> > is german the locale needs to change several times during the life of
> > the DB, which raises some larger index-related issues apparently.
>
>  Before some weeks ago I sent to -patches list patch that allows to change
> locales on-the-fly via 'SET LOCALE' command. But as say Tom L. it's
> VERY DANGEROUS. Solution is locales per columns or something like this, but
> nobody works on this :-)

But your patch sounds incredibly useful :-) Has it been integrated in
the mainline code yet? How does one use this functionality?

Also what is the main difference with using the standard gettext call?
setlocale(LC_ALL, "en_US");

Thanks,

--
Louis-David Mitterrand - ldm@apartia.org - http://www.apartia.org

От: Kaare Rasmussen
Сообщение: Re: Open Source Database Routs Competition in New Benchmark Tests
От: Karel Zak
Сообщение: Re: dangers of setlocale() in backend (was: problem with float8 input format)