Re: Open Source Database Routs Competition in New Benchmark Tests

От Kaare Rasmussen
Тема Re: Open Source Database Routs Competition in New Benchmark Tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I wouldn't say that this is exactly the first time we've heard
> about problems with MySQL's famed "speed".  Take the Tim Perdue
> article that came out a while back:

> http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/tim20000705.php3?page=1

Yes, but the conclusion at that time was that PostgreSQL in general was
slower, but scaled better. So on a heavily loaded site, they would
perform equally well, because PostgreSQL could handle 5 times the load
of MySQL, but MySQL was 5 times faster than PostgreSQL (ot something
like that).

This is the first benchmark saying that PostgreSQL is actually faster
than MySQL. And as we all know, benchmarks can be stretched any way you
like it, so that's why I'd like some comments before I go out and
advocate too strongly :-)

От: Louis-David Mitterrand
Сообщение: forking a process and grabbing web site data from a C trigger?
От: Louis-David Mitterrand
Сообщение: Re: dangers of setlocale() in backend (was: problem with float8 input format)