Re: psql command history

От Keehan Mallon
Тема Re: psql command history
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm not too familiar with Suse, but just had this problem on very
customized Mandrake install.  I found that installing readline,
readline-devel, libtermcap then doing make clean, configure, make, make
install again and voila history works.

I think it was Alvaro (can't get to the list right now) who give me the
hint about libtermcap.

Check through your config.log and config.cache and if libtermcap or the
readline hints above don't solve the problem, then post them to the
list.

Keehan

--- Laurette Cisneros <laurette@nextbus.com> wrote:

> Silly question:
>
> When I use psql on redhat, the history works in that I can use the up
> and
> down arrows keys to go between past commands just like the bash
> shell.
>
> However, on my suse system, the up and down arrow keys do not do
> this.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --