Re: problem with psql

От joseph speigle
Тема Re: problem with psql
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
hi,
On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 04:32:42PM +0200, alexandre ricciardi wrote:
> when i try to connect to the database with psql i get the following message :
> postgres@1[postgres]$ psql installation
> psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
>        Is the server running locally and accepting
>        connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
> although when using jdbc it works nice

Taking a shot at this but there's something I don't get, why not copy the settings for the jdbc connector and use then
dopsql --help and correlate the two?  Usually, the fact that it can't find the socket means the server isn't started,
butbecause you can connect using the jdbc, maybe it's on another machine.  That, too, is a flag to psql when you fire
itup.

HTH
joe
--
speigle
www.sirfsup.com

От: alexandre ricciardi
Сообщение: problem with psql
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Convert a UNIX timestamp in a PostgreSQL INSERT statement