Обсуждение: problem with psql

problem with psql

От
alexandre ricciardi
Дата:
Hi all,

when i try to connect to the database with psql i get the following message :
postgres@1[postgres]$ psql installation
psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
although when using jdbc it works nice

What's the problem ?
And please excuse my stupid questions

Thank's

Alexandre

Re: problem with psql

От
joseph speigle
Дата:
hi,
On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 04:32:42PM +0200, alexandre ricciardi wrote:
> when i try to connect to the database with psql i get the following message :
> postgres@1[postgres]$ psql installation
> psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
>        Is the server running locally and accepting
>        connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
> although when using jdbc it works nice

Taking a shot at this but there's something I don't get, why not copy the settings for the jdbc connector and use then
dopsql --help and correlate the two?  Usually, the fact that it can't find the socket means the server isn't started,
butbecause you can connect using the jdbc, maybe it's on another machine.  That, too, is a flag to psql when you fire
itup.

HTH
joe
--