Re: PostgreSQL, UTF-8 and Mac OS X

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: PostgreSQL, UTF-8 and Mac OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 12:50:18PM +0100, Guido Neitzer wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have a problem with PostgreSQL and UTF-8 on my Mac OS X Powerbook.
>

> - System is Mac OS X Client 10.4.3, PostgreSQL 8.1beta3
>
> - initdb was called with -E UTF-8 --locale=de_DE.UTF-8

We had this question earlier this week. Mac OS X uses the locales from
FreeBSD, and neither support UTF-8 collation at all. You'll see exactly
the same results from other UNIX utilities.

Sometime in the near future (hopefully) PostgreSQL will provide locale
support independant of the underlying operating system, but for now
you're stuck.

Have a nice day,

От: Guido Neitzer
Сообщение: PostgreSQL, UTF-8 and Mac OS X
От: Guido Neitzer
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL, UTF-8 and Mac OS X