Re: pg_restore COPY error handling

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: pg_restore COPY error handling
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
* Bruce Momjian (pgman@candle.pha.pa.us) wrote:
> Stephen Frost wrote:
> -- Start of PGP signed section.
> > * Bruce Momjian (pgman@candle.pha.pa.us) wrote:
> > >
> > > No, it will not be in 8.1.3.  It is a new feature.
> >
> > I'd really appriciate it if you could review my post to pgsql-bugs,
> > considered a new feature then I'd like to either revisit that decision
> > or be given some direction on what a bug-fix patch for the grows-to-3G
> > bug would look like.
>
> Oh, so when it skips the \., it reads the rest of the file and bombs
> out?  I thought it just continued fine.  How is that failure happening?

It doesn't actually bomb out either.  On the system I was working with
what happened was that it hung after reading in the COPY data.  It
looked like it got stuck somehow while trying to parse the data as an
SQL command.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore COPY error handling
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore COPY error handling