Re: pg_dump and backslash escapes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_dump and backslash escapes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > You mean dumping and reloading pg_dump output in 7.3 generates errors?
> > I didn't know.  Can you give an example?  I wasn't aware of that.
>
> Well, looking at the SETs already currently emitted:
>
> $ pg_dump -s regression | grep ^SET
> SET client_encoding = 'SQL_ASCII';    fails before 7.1
> SET check_function_bodies = false;    fails before 7.4
> SET client_min_messages = warning;    fails before 7.3
> SET search_path = public, pg_catalog;    fails before 7.3
> SET default_tablespace = '';        fails before 8.0
> SET default_with_oids = false;        fails before 8.0
>
> so I'm not at all clear what you've got against this one.

Very clear.  The issue is that I can't find any of these emitted by a
pg_dump version who's native backend doesn't understand them.

I assume that it is expected that a cross-db dump/reload will generate
errors, and it is done rarely for upgrades, but I assume same-version
dump/restore is done more frequently and people don't expect errors.
Is that not a significant distinction?

--  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: Compression and on-disk sorting
От: "Jeroen T. Vermeulen"
Сообщение: Re: Return results for PQexec vs PQexecP*