Re: SSL certificate info on SQL level and HSM support for libpq

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: SSL certificate info on SQL level and HSM support for libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 10:55:59AM +0400, Victor B. Wagner wrote:
> BTW, what should I do if I want to submit entirely new directory into
> contrib - shall I make a patch against current source tree or just
> archive of this directory would do?

Diffs are better, unless it really is a lot of code.

> > numeric_in converts a text string to a numeric. Don't know about 128
> > bit strings though.
>
> This works. But I was unable to look up information about this function
> in the docs, and have to resort to looking for its usage in the backend
> sources.

Every type has conversion functions for cstring-to-type and
type-to-cstring, which used when parsing queries. You can use these
functions in normal code also. timestamp_in/out, data_in/out, etc...

> I've also unable to find useful description of DirectFunctionCallN
> family of functions, which seems to be neccessary to call one 'C'
> language PostgreSQL function from another.
>
> It is clear enough from examples in the sources, but...

Hmm, documentation patches welcome...

Have a nice day,

От: "Victor B. Wagner"
Сообщение: Re: SSL certificate info on SQL level and HSM support for libpq
От: "Albe Laurenz"
Сообщение: Re: group by points