Re: Assigning a timestamp without timezone to a timestamp

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Assigning a timestamp without timezone to a timestamp
Дата
Re: Assigning a timestamp without timezone to a timestamp
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 01:06:00PM -0700, chrisj wrote:
> If only all time zones were fixed offset timezones life would be so much
> simpler.

Indeed.

> Unfortunately the main area of deployment of my app will beToronto which is
> on EDT which is not a fixed offsets timezone.  I hope/assume your solution
> works with "EDT" instead of "-3", I will test it soon.

Should do, although you'll need more than EDT.  EDT is also fixed:
it's UTC-4.  EST5EDT isn't, though, so you could use that (you'd need
to improve your schema, though, because you had char(3) there, and
not all time zones are 3 characters long).  But to answer your
question, yes, it works.  I just tried it.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Information security isn't a technological problem.  It's an economics
problem.    --Bruce Schneier

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: chrisj
Сообщение: Re: Assigning a timestamp without timezone to a timestamp
От: chrisj
Сообщение: Re: Assigning a timestamp without timezone to a timestamp