Re: pgsql: Remove unsafe calling of WSAStartup and WSA Cleanup from DllMain.

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgsql: Remove unsafe calling of WSAStartup and WSA Cleanup from DllMain.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers

It wasn't? Ok... Anything else we've missed? :-p

> Second, they really shouldn't rely on that anyway - I don't think we've
> documented anywhere that libpq does this ;-) Because I assume you are
> referring to applications that use *other* winsock functions, but don't
> call WSAStartup() themselves?

Yeah - I'm not saying it's right having now seen the arguments against, but it happens. For example, do you recall us
beingconfused when we found we needed to call it in slon.exe?

> Because libpq still calls wsastartup on
> the first attempt to open a connection.

Hmm, ok - did it always?

/D

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Remove unsafe calling of WSAStartup and WSA Cleanup from DllMain.
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Remove unsafe calling of WSAStartup and WSA Cleanup from DllMain.