Re: pgsql: Remove unsafe calling of WSAStartup and WSA Cleanup from DllMain.

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pgsql: Remove unsafe calling of WSAStartup and WSA Cleanup from DllMain.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
>> No, it shouldn't.
>>
>> First, when on mingw, the file with WSAStartup() in it wasn't even
>> linked in. And this is the DLL that we've been distributing in the MSI.
>
> It wasn't? Ok... Anything else we've missed? :-p

Probably :-) Let me know when you find it.

>> Second, they really shouldn't rely on that anyway - I don't think we've
>> documented anywhere that libpq does this ;-) Because I assume you are
>> referring to applications that use *other* winsock functions, but don't
>> call WSAStartup() themselves?
>
> Yeah - I'm not saying it's right having now seen the arguments
> against, but it happens. For example, do you recall us being confused
> when we found we needed to call it in slon.exe?

Eh, no, actually not. Sorry.

>> Because libpq still calls wsastartup on
>> the first attempt to open a connection.
>
> Hmm, ok - did it always?

Seems it was added in 1.255 which was back in July 2003. For 7.4. So not
always, but it's not exactly new.

//Magnus

От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Remove unsafe calling of WSAStartup and WSA Cleanup from DllMain.
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Remove unsafe calling of WSAStartup and WSA Cleanup from DllMain.