Re: pgsql: Remove unsafe calling of WSAStartup and WSA Cleanup from DllMain.

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgsql: Remove unsafe calling of WSAStartup and WSA Cleanup from DllMain.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> For example, do you recall us being confused
>> when we found we needed to call it in slon.exe?
>
> Eh, no, actually not. Sorry.

Well, it was only a couple of years ago!! Seriously though, from what I
recall that was the origin of this code - you left it out because libpq
called WSAStartup on your system, and I added it because on mine it
didn't. Or something like that. I remember us getting confused about it
on IM anyway.

#ifdef WIN32
      /*
       * Startup the network subsystem, in case our libpq doesn't
       */
      err = WSAStartup(MAKEWORD(1, 1), &wsaData);
      if (err != 0) {
           slon_log(SLON_FATAL, "main: Cannot start the network
subsystem - %d\n", err);
           slon_exit(-1);
      }
#endif

/D

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Remove unsafe calling of WSAStartup and WSA Cleanup from DllMain.
От: h-saito@pgfoundry.org (User H-saito)
Сообщение: psqlodbc - psqlodbc: Update document(8.2.0204snapshots).