Re: [Fwd: Re: Autovacuum keeps vacuuming a table disabled in pg_autovacuum]

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: [Fwd: Re: Autovacuum keeps vacuuming a table disabled in pg_autovacuum]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 07:34:13AM -0700, Ron St-Pierre wrote:
> What do you mean by this?  I wanted to do both a VACUUM ANALYZE and a
> VACUUM FULL, so ran VACUUM FULL ANALYZE. Is there something odd about
> VACUUM FULL, other than locking the table it's working on?

It tends to bloat indexes. Also, people tend to find that CLUSTER is
faster anyway.

If all you want is to avoid XID wraparound, an ordinary VACUUM will do
fine.

Have a nice day,

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: what to do when pg_cancel_backend() doesnt work?
От: Bohdan Linda
Сообщение: Re: High-availability