Re: [Fwd: Re: Autovacuum keeps vacuuming a table disabled in pg_autovacuum]

От Ron St-Pierre
Тема Re: [Fwd: Re: Autovacuum keeps vacuuming a table disabled in pg_autovacuum]
Дата
Re: [Fwd: Re: Autovacuum keeps vacuuming a table disabled in pg_autovacuum]  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
Список pgsql-general
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 01:27:14PM -0700, Ron St-Pierre wrote:
>
>>  imp=# select age(datfrozenxid) from pg_database where datname = 'imp';
>>      age
>>  ------------
>>   1571381411
>>  (1 row)
>>
>> Time to start VACUUM FULL ANALYZE over the weekend.
>>

> I guess this comes too late, but you don't need VACUUM FULL for that.
Yes, I know that VACUUM FULL isn't required here, but because the
weekend is our slow time on the server I thought that I would perform a
full vacuum.
> VACUUM FULL _does not_ mean "vacuum everything"!

What do you mean by this?  I wanted to do both a VACUUM ANALYZE and a
VACUUM FULL, so ran VACUUM FULL ANALYZE. Is there something odd about
VACUUM FULL, other than locking the table it's working on?

От: "Rhys Stewart"
Сообщение: what to do when pg_cancel_backend() doesnt work?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Numeric performances