Re: Killing a session in windows

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Killing a session in windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Howard Cole wrote:

> > I shall look into the pg_ctl options to see if the kill option does
> > what taskill cannot (thanks for the heads up on that)
> >
> Using
> $ pg_ctl kill TERM [pid]
> worked great. Since very few people seem to know about this, could I
> suggest making it more prominent in the server administration pages.

Agreed. I have added the second sentence to our 8.3 beta docs:

   Alternatively, you can send the signal directly using <command>kill</>
   (or <command>pg_ctl kill TERM [process id]</> on <productname>Windows</>).

You can actually use pg_ctl kill on Unix too but it seems awkward to
suggest it in the existing sentence.