Re: news gateway malfunctioning?

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: news gateway malfunctioning?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Hi Marc,
>
> Lately I have gotten a number of moderation request for -hackers and
> other lists that look like the attached message.  From the header it
> looks to me like they are coming from the USENET gateway; I wonder
> what's up with the "RCPT TO" stuff at the top of the body of the
> message.  Is the gateway getting confused by the mangling done by the
> spam checker?

I'm a bit lost here, so bare with me ...

First question, I guess, is whether there are othe rmessages showing up
that RCPT TO stuff, or is it just these types of 'spam' messages ... ?

The oddness here is that it almost looks like someone manually connected
to the smtp port and tried to inject the message manually ... and ended up
injecting the 'formatted message' that has all the SMTP cmds embeded ...

The second question is ... mangling done by what spam checker?  Our spam
checker does nothing except add some X-Spam / X-Virus related headers ...
the body isn't touched ...

 ----

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Stuff I would like to have for events/news approval
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: news gateway malfunctioning?