Re: No easy way to join discussion in existing thread when not subscribed

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: No easy way to join discussion in existing thread when not subscribed
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Amir Rohan (amir.rohan@mail.com) wrote:

>> I added a blurb to the wiki about this. What about the "Mail me
>> this message" proposed earlier? I'd be glad to help make that
>> happen.
>
> I don't think anyone's really against that idea, except perhaps
> that we need to try and avoid letting it be abused.
>
> Of course, someone needs to implement it.

I apologize if someone already pointed this out and I missed it in
skimming this thread, but Majordomo lets you log in (using the
password it sent you when you subscribed to the list) and (re-)send
an email to your own email address.

(1) Click the link at the bottom of most any email; e.g.:

(2) Sign in.

(3) Click on "Mailing Lists"

(4) Click the right list.

(5) Click on "Summary" to the right of "Message Archives".

(6) Drill down (through whichever search path you find most
convenient) to the right email, and click the link to it.

(7) Click the "Mail this message" link at the bottom.

Now, perhaps this could be made more convenient, but it's not as
bad as the process described earlier in the thread.  I've done it a
few times, and (having found how to do it) it just takes me a
minute to log in to Majordomo and another minute per email I want
to receive.

That's not to say that new mbox options would be a bad thing.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Сообщение: Re: No easy way to join discussion in existing thread when not subscribed
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Deselecting "Receive Mail" on the website ml subscribe form is broken