Re: Continuent & pgsql-announce ... please do not approve

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Continuent & pgsql-announce ... please do not approve
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 09:24:08PM -0400, Greg Smith wrote:
> David Fetter wrote:
> >Opt-out is what spammers allege they honor.  The problem is that
> >"honor" and "spammer" only belong in a sentence with a negation in
> >between.
>
> I am currently subscribed to their marketing list at two e-mail
> addresses.  I just unsubscribed one of them using the link at the
> bottom of the message.  The next time I see an announcement go out
> on the other address, I'll be happy to report on whether the other
> was was removed or not.  Since, as you say, one component of whether
> a company is doing the worst of the common spammer behaviors is
> whether they honor opt-out requests, I think it would be reasonable
> to actually test that before breaking out the pitchforks.

If there weren't any history, this would be a reasonable test.  There
is a history, it's years long, and it doesn't give any reasonable hope
that what you've done will work this time, as opposed to all the other
times people have tried it.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: Continuent & pgsql-announce ... please do not approve
От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: Continuent & pgsql-announce ... please do not approve