Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 02:30:17PM +0100, Markus Wanner wrote:
> On 02/19/2013 02:20 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > My only point is that we assumed the user knew the release names to
> > install the software, and often they don't, and we didn't tell them how
> > to find out.
>
> Oh, okay. That's surprising me. It's the exact opposite of my
> experience, though. My customers were usually talking about etch, lenny,
> lucid, or precise. But well, maybe they just figured they need to
> look-up the code name to be able to talk to me.  :-)

I have been running Ubuntu for 5 years and didn't know the code name of
my release until I had to track a bug report a few months ago.  In fact,
finding the Ubuntu version numbrer isn't obvious either --- you have to
look under Details in System Settings, i.e. uname -a does not show it to
you.

Also, when I asked how on this list how users are supposed to find their
code name, look at the fact I got no replies, had to find it myself via
a Google search, then others were confused by how to run the command
because the command without arguments isn't very useful.

От: Markus Wanner
Сообщение: Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA
От: Markus Wanner
Сообщение: Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA