Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA

Bruce Momjian [2013-02-19  8:44 -0500]:
> I have been running Ubuntu for 5 years and didn't know the code name of
> my release until I had to track a bug report a few months ago.

Believe it or not, that's actually great to hear :) The code names are
mostly some fun thing for developers to avoid breaking our tongues too
much when we talk about it. But they have never been meant to be
exposed in stable releases. All announcements, web sites, etc. always
say "Ubuntu 12.04", not "Precise Pangolin".

(I guess that also has something to do with seriousness and marketing,
etc. :-)

Martin

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA