Re: pgarchives: strip angle brackets when checking for msgid search

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pgarchives: strip angle brackets when checking for msgid search
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Amir Rohan wrote:

> With these patches (now touching pgweb and pgarchives, when a (cleaned)
> search query gets a hit on a msgid we now include the canonical
> messageid in the JSON response. I didn't have it return a url as you
> suggested because archives should know as little as possible
> about pgweb's link structure. So pgweb still crafts the redirect url,
> only it uses the returned msgid if its present in the response.

FWIW the URL structure for archives can never be changed, because many
URLs are in use in permanent storage such as commit messages and
archived emails.  As an example, when we migrated from the old
Mhonarc-generated urls (with the mbox/month/message number structure)
we, or Magnus actually, created a database with redirects from that
structure to the message-id-based URL structure, to avoid breaking
links.

I'm not saying your approach is bad or shouldn't be used, just pointing
out something that the rest of the -www team is probably already aware
of and you might not be.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Amir Rohan
Сообщение: Re: pgarchives: strip angle brackets when checking for msgid search
От: Amir Rohan
Сообщение: Re: pgarchives: strip angle brackets when checking for msgid search