Re: pgarchives: strip angle brackets when checking for msgid search

От Amir Rohan
Тема Re: pgarchives: strip angle brackets when checking for msgid search
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 10/05/2015 04:59 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Amir Rohan wrote:
>
>> With these patches (now touching pgweb and pgarchives, when a (cleaned)
>> search query gets a hit on a msgid we now include the canonical
>> messageid in the JSON response. I didn't have it return a url as you
>> suggested because archives should know as little as possible
>> about pgweb's link structure. So pgweb still crafts the redirect url,
>> only it uses the returned msgid if its present in the response.
>
> FWIW the URL structure for archives can never be changed, because many
> URLs are in use in permanent storage such as commit messages and
> archived emails.  As an example, when we migrated from the old
> Mhonarc-generated urls (with the mbox/month/message number structure)
> we, or Magnus actually, created a database with redirects from that
> structure to the message-id-based URL structure, to avoid breaking
> links.
>
> I'm not saying your approach is bad or shouldn't be used, just pointing
> out something that the rest of the -www team is probably already aware
> of and you might not be.

That's a valid point (two, actually) but it still /logically/
belongs in the the main website instead of the archive "API server",
and keeps with how this worked before.

But if magnus concurs with you, It's easily changed.

Amir

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: pgarchives: strip angle brackets when checking for msgid search
От: Amir Rohan
Сообщение: Re: No easy way to join discussion in existing thread when not subscribed