Re: postgresql-archive.org

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: postgresql-archive.org
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 2018-08-22 21:14:05 +0100, Justin Clift wrote:
> On 2018-08-22 20:44, Andres Freund wrote:

> > > It says at the bottom "Hugo at Nabble".
> >
> > > I'm not sure what could PGDG possibly do about it?  As I understand we
> > > do have a trademark registration in Canada, but is that useful for
> > > anything?  According to whois, the registrar is in Bahamas.
> >
> > I think just a friendly attempt at a ping would be good.  Should push
> > actually come to shove, I don't think the registrar is that relevant,
> > we could contact .org etc directly.
>
> If it's useful, this is the kind of things I can probably get done fairly
> easily. :)

Heh ;)

> Pascal points out that it might actually be a useful service for some.

I don't quite get why, but I don't really care as long as it's not done
under an official sounding name...

> Maybe if we start by asking them if they'd be ok to drop the ads?  And maybe
> encourage them to turn on https too, for user safety?

While I'm also a bit ambivalent about the ads, I'm not sure just *how*
much I'm bothered if it doesn't sound like it's a pg.o thing.

What I definitely do not want, either way, is more links pointing
towards it. Based any sort of past experience they're not going to be
around in a couple years, and it's incredibly frustrating to attempt to
figure out where a link is supposed to go to years later, when chasing
down an obscure bug.

Greetings,

Andres Freund