Re: postgresql-archive.org

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: postgresql-archive.org
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 2018-08-22 17:23:01 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2018-Aug-22, Andres Freund wrote:

> > > It says at the bottom "Hugo at Nabble".
> >
> > > I'm not sure what could PGDG possibly do about it?  As I understand we
> > > do have a trademark registration in Canada, but is that useful for
> > > anything?  According to whois, the registrar is in Bahamas.
> >
> > I think just a friendly attempt at a ping would be good.
>
> What would a friendly ping say?  "Would you kindly take the service
> down"?

Maybe something like "Could you please use a domain that makes it
clearer that this isn't a service provided by pg.o, and also clearly
state so on the website?". Plus some surrounding friendly fluff
explaining why?  Maybe also mention https etc.

That doesn't really address how their weird archive URLs are being used,
but I don't quite know what to do about that :(

> BTW, http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4808:yra6oz.2.1

Isn't https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmrks/srch/viewTrademark?id=1017132&lang=eng&tab=reg
the relevant bit here?

Greetings,