Re: postgresql-archive.org

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: postgresql-archive.org
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 2018-Aug-22, Andres Freund wrote:

> > What would a friendly ping say?  "Would you kindly take the service
> > down"?
>
> Maybe something like "Could you please use a domain that makes it
> clearer that this isn't a service provided by pg.o, and also clearly
> state so on the website?". Plus some surrounding friendly fluff
> explaining why?  Maybe also mention https etc.

Ok ...

> That doesn't really address how their weird archive URLs are being used,
> but I don't quite know what to do about that :(

I think if it were possible to obtain the message-id based on their
URLs, it would be a lot more manageable; we could even have something
like a bot that replies to such URLs with our own URLs.

> > BTW, http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4808:yra6oz.2.1
>
> Isn't https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmrks/srch/viewTrademark?id=1017132&lang=eng&tab=reg
> the relevant bit here?

I don't know, isn't .org in the US jurisdiction?

(The reason I brought up the registrar earlier is because I was thinking
we might need to invoke the Bahamas trademark office, but that's
probably wrong.)