Re: Debian package source

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: Debian package source
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Sasa Vilic 2019-02-01 <CAOJhpYeBzF+Wb=cOi8Tv7RvS52u6MfYMLeHkJTUKT4Zqgr1Cng@mail.gmail.com>
> but I believe I can manage from here. I was looking for where you keep
> source of debian packages for postgres repository, but if it all comes from
> debian, then I know what I need to do.

Right. apt.pg.o packages are using the same source as Debian, just
recompiled with a version number with a suffix.

In some cases, additional tweaks are applied to get packages built for
older distributions. In postgis' case, that is only the case on
trusty:
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgapt.git;a=blob;f=jenkins/generate-pgdg-source#l296

> If you look at change log (
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/postgis/blob/master/debian/changelog
> )
> you can see that Debian went from 2.3.3 to 2.4.0. I have a legacy system
> with postgres 9.6 and I need to update postgis to 2.3.5 due to important
> bugfix that came along with 2.3.5 (and I can't used 2.4.0 or newer). I want
> to do this nicely, by creating Debian package and installing it (instead of
> manually compiling and installing).

You can take that git, check out the debian/2.3.3+dfsg-1 tag and start
from there. Chances are that this will Just Work.

Christoph

От: Sasa Vilic
Сообщение: Re: Debian package source
От: Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Сообщение: PostgreSQL Automatic Failover v2.2.1 released