Обсуждение: Debian package source

Debian package source

От
Sasa Vilic
Дата:
Hello,

I need to build ubuntu/debian package for postgis 3.3.7 and would like to reuse your package source if possible. Could you please tell me whenever it is freely available and if yes, where I could find it.

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
Sasa Vilic

Re: Debian package source

От
Christoph Berg
Re: Sasa Vilic 2019-01-28 <CAOJhpYc609tKZ5V15-wNmbTa8=TxWw+njrWrNC67=tn-4MtBcA@mail.gmail.com>
> Hello,
>
> I need to build ubuntu/debian package for postgis 3.3.7 and would like to
> reuse your package source if possible. Could you please tell me whenever it
> is freely available and if yes, where I could find it.

Everything in Debian is Free Software, so it is available.

PostGIS is at https://packages.debian.org/sid/postgis

There is no version 3.3.7, though. Where did you see that?

Christoph

Re: Debian package source

От
Sasa Vilic
Дата:
There is postgis 2.3.8 actually (http://postgis.net/2018/11/24/postgis-patches/), but there is no Debian/Ubuntu package. I thought I could take 2.3.3 package source and update postgis source and build myself package.

Regards
Sasa

On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 at 15:01, Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
Re: Sasa Vilic 2019-01-28 <CAOJhpYc609tKZ5V15-wNmbTa8=TxWw+njrWrNC67=tn-4MtBcA@mail.gmail.com>
> Hello,
>
> I need to build ubuntu/debian package for postgis 3.3.7 and would like to
> reuse your package source if possible. Could you please tell me whenever it
> is freely available and if yes, where I could find it.

Everything in Debian is Free Software, so it is available.

PostGIS is at https://packages.debian.org/sid/postgis

There is no version 3.3.7, though. Where did you see that?

Christoph

Re: Debian package source

От
Adrian Vondendriesch
Дата:
Hi Sasa,

Am Montag, den 28.01.2019, 12:17 +0100 schrieb Sasa Vilic:
> Hello,
>
> I need to build ubuntu/debian package for postgis 3.3.7 and would
> like to reuse your package source if possible. Could you please tell
> me whenever it is freely available and if yes, where I could find it.

The Debian source package is located at salsa.debian.org [1], as most
of the PostgreSQL debian packaging sources. The repository includes a
wide pallet of postgis package versions. I would take the content of
this repository as a starting point.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/postgis

Cheers,
 - Adrian
Вложения

Re: Debian package source

От
Christoph Berg
Re: Sasa Vilic 2019-01-28 <CAOJhpYdhTddL7k0v+ExSnV_W4Y8ug_nBGyRUmG4Wy-yW=TcGrA@mail.gmail.com>
> There is postgis 2.3.8 actually (
> http://postgis.net/2018/11/24/postgis-patches/), but there is no
> Debian/Ubuntu package. I thought I could take 2.3.3 package source and
> update postgis source and build myself package.

I still don't get the question. If you want help with anything, you
need to be more precise.

Christoph

Re: Debian package source

От
Sasa Vilic
Дата:
Thanks Christoph,

but I believe I can manage from here. I was looking for where you keep source of debian packages for postgres repository, but if it all comes from debian, then I know what I need to do.

you can see that Debian went from 2.3.3 to 2.4.0. I have a legacy system with postgres 9.6 and I need to update postgis to 2.3.5 due to important bugfix that came along with 2.3.5 (and I can't used 2.4.0 or newer). I want to do this nicely, by creating Debian package and installing it (instead of manually compiling and installing).

Regards
Sasa

Re: Sasa Vilic 2019-02-01 <CAOJhpYeBzF+Wb=cOi8Tv7RvS52u6MfYMLeHkJTUKT4Zqgr1Cng@mail.gmail.com>
> but I believe I can manage from here. I was looking for where you keep
> source of debian packages for postgres repository, but if it all comes from
> debian, then I know what I need to do.

Right. apt.pg.o packages are using the same source as Debian, just
recompiled with a version number with a suffix.

In some cases, additional tweaks are applied to get packages built for
older distributions. In postgis' case, that is only the case on
trusty:
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgapt.git;a=blob;f=jenkins/generate-pgdg-source#l296

> If you look at change log (
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/postgis/blob/master/debian/changelog
> )
> you can see that Debian went from 2.3.3 to 2.4.0. I have a legacy system
> with postgres 9.6 and I need to update postgis to 2.3.5 due to important
> bugfix that came along with 2.3.5 (and I can't used 2.4.0 or newer). I want
> to do this nicely, by creating Debian package and installing it (instead of
> manually compiling and installing).

You can take that git, check out the debian/2.3.3+dfsg-1 tag and start
from there. Chances are that this will Just Work.

Christoph