Re: Install postgres on rhel 7

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Install postgres on rhel 7
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Oct 07, 2019 at 01:00:32AM -0400, Mageshwaran Janarthanam wrote:
>Hi Team,
>
>I have question on the postgres install process. Tried to read the archives
>but couldn't find it.
>
>I wanted to install postgres server via rpm and wanted to store the
>binaries under non default location like /pgbin.

The rpm package (at least not those available at yum.postgresql.org) are
not relocatable:

  rpm -qpi postgresql12-12.0-1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64.rpm  | grep Relocations
  Relocations : (not relocatable)

So unfortunately, you'll have to build your own packages, or something
like that.

regards

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: COPY command returns "ERROR: invalid XML content"
От: Moreno Andreo
Сообщение: Re: Pg11 -- MultiXactId xxxx has not been created yet -- apparentwraparound