Re: I messed up and my disk utlization is HUGE

От stan
Тема Re: I messed up and my disk utlization is HUGE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 02:59:17PM -0400, melvin6925 wrote:
> Have you tried a VACUUM FULL of the db?Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S?? 6, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
> -------- Original message --------From: stan <stanb@panix.com> Date: 10/9/19  14:54  (GMT-05:00) To: melvin6925
<melvin6925@gmail.com>Subject: Re: I messed up and my disk utlization is HUGE On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 01:30:33PM -0400,
melvin6925wrote:> >How can I shrink this back to a>reasonable size???Have you tried a vacuum full of the db?Sent via
theSamsung Galaxy S?? 6, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone> -------- Original message --------From: stan <stanb@panix.com>
Date:10/9/19?? 13:21?? (GMT-05:00) To: pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org Subject: I messed up and my disk utlization
isHUGE I was going to try to do some testing on very large databases, and I tried toload the Mouse Gerome DB. It
failed,and now I know why :-) I filled thedisk up. Presently, with virtually nothing in any database the
postgresstoragelocation has 43G allocated. The DB was also crashed but i did freeup some space and get it started
again.How can I shrink this back to areasonable size? The WAL also seems pretty large.-- "They that would give up
essentialliberty for temporary safety deserveneither liberty nor safety."                        -- Benjamin
FranklinSorryyour reply was garbled.-- "They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserveneither
libertynor safety."                        -- Benjamin Franklin

I ran vacuumdb from the comand line as postgres , which I beleive does
this. Did not take very long to run BTW.

neither liberty nor safety."
                        -- Benjamin Franklin

От: Pól Ua Laoínecháin
Сообщение: Is my lecturer wrong about PostgreSQL? I think he is!
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Is my lecturer wrong about PostgreSQL? I think he is!